The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Back in the USA!

view my full blog at http://adelleM.wordpress.com

I’m back in America! Wow, I almost can’t believe it. When I think about my regular habits and haunts in Tokyo it seems so far away, like it was another world or another lifetime; well it practically was another world and lifetime.

Door to door - Mitaka to Chapel Hill - I was traveling about 22 hours, and the longest segment was the 11 hour flight from Tokyo to Houston. It was pretty sweet though, because not only did I get to sit next to a dear friend of mine, each person got their own tv screen in headrest in front of them! There were over 300 movies to choose from, and in addition to that we had access to hundreds of tv shows, musical albums, and even games! You could control everything by touching the screen or by using a remote control that popped out of your armrest. Man, I’m really living in the 21st century! I watched Chocolat, Edward Scissorhands, What Not To Wear, Everybody Hates Chris, Big Love and College Ladies. I started watching Motorcycle Diaries but I began to fall aleep, and it’s not the kind of movie you can watch while dozing off because it’s subtitled.

I was up all night packing. A couple of different friends had come over in the past few days to help me pack but I actually ended up unpacking the boxes, putting stuff into a 3rd suitcase, and then packing more stuff into different boxes… in the wee hours of the morning. I finally sent 3 boxes home, and checked 3 bags with a combined weight of 77kg (170 lbs). Quite luckily for me I had 2 friends who came over in the morning and helped me with all my boxes and bags; without them I really would have struggled!

At this point I’ve not had any reverse culture shock, but I haven’t even been in the country for 24 hours. I’ve spent most of the time so far sleeping, but I’m sure once I venture outside things will start to get wierd. Rest assured, I’ll blog about that too. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home