The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Shining Moment

I had one of my shining moments in life today...

My roommates and I are just chilling today when Amber brings out some whisky-filled chocolates (apparently one of her students gave them to her). She offers one to Stephanie, who promptly eats it and starts gushing and exclaiming about the smooth shot of whisky that erupted when she bit the chocolate.

So then it's my turn. Amber gives me one of the chocolates. I look at it and think - this is kind of big, I'm supposed to eat the whole thing at once? Being the bright child that I am, I bite into the edge. I feel a slight crunch, then a second later I have syrupy whisky dripping down my face and onto my clothes.

I just sat there, stunned. First at the situation - why was there liquid on my face?? Then - a split second later - I was like, HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING???

Definitely one of my greater moments in life ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger *Jo* said...

I love you--that's an awesome story.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home