The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Pet Peeves

One of my biggest pet peeves occurred this morning -

I'm on the packed morning train, as usual, when all of a sudden the huge mass on the train empties and individuals are furrowing their brows and noticably recalibrating their morning commute.

Technically its not ALL all of a sudden - it is in response to an announcment, but since I can only understand about 1/6 of what is said on the trains (up from 1/10!) I view most responses as random.

It's just totally one of those c'mon!!! moments. Like, even the Japanese people look confused; what is an illiterate Gaijin to do?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home