The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Kristmas Karaoke

In an effort to really look at the depth of my Christmas spirit, I've decided to document my festive experiences (effective now, not retroactive).

Last night my friends and I an awesome night of karaoke in Shinjuku. There had been talk of a special Christmas karaoke night for a week or so, but it finally materialized the morning of. As usual we walked the night streets of Shinjuku until we found an acceptable deal - usually no less than Y1500, nami hodi of course. The first place we great. lots of people, lots of drinks, a friend's parents (her dad was getting into it), and tambourines. i think i've felt my true musical calling - a tambourinist. i was playing the hell out of the songs. a few hours later my hand was bruised. it stayed so over 24 hrs later.

we only signed up for 2 hrs - the plan was to catch last train, but with about half an hour left word was spreading around the sauna sized room that some people we going all night. basically anyone who didn't have to work at 10 the next day. so when it was over the group poured into the street at a good drunken space, light our friends with early shifts. on the street deciding the next move a group of really friendly Japanese guys approached us. The ring-leader, White Glasses, spoke first saying, EXACTLY!!!!! I'm assuming that's the first English word that came to mind. As is our custom, we made friends. Sean and I started switching clothes with them, Sean and White Glasses practically traded outfits. Two of the guys really liked Allison.

Eventually we moved onto the next karaoke place. as it turns out 7-11 never has after-hours for my bank. There seems to be only 1 711 in Shinjuku, but thankfully it was near the karaoke booth. On the way back I noticed Santa hats displayed enticelying outside of a store, so i immediately bought one. I re-entered our karaoke booth in this festive manner, and I was greeting with rousing cheers. And it all went downhill from there...

The Meidaimae family sticks together, but 2/3 of the children of Meidaimae got horribly wasted. Let's just say I helped clean up bodily fluids AND solids. I came home and I told my roommate (one of those who we lost to the early schedule) that I became the caretaker of the evening. She was like wow, things must have been bad! cause i was pretty drunk too... I'll just file it as one of the more mis-adventurous nights.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home