The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thursday morning and I'm really excited, because it's Thanksgiving and I love Thanksgiving. I'm also having a party later tonight – this is my first time truly hosting anything for the holidays! I’m having a drinks + dessert party, so I suppose I should cook something. I’ve been searching import stores for the past few days – I wanted to find brownie mix/cookie dough to supplement a pie or two, but I haven’t been able to find much so now I’m just going to go with any dessert that I can find the ingredients for.

Most of the people I’ve invited aren’t American – they’re English, Japanese, Canadian, etc – and many of them have told me that they’re looking forward to seeing how Americans celebrate Thanksgiving. I feel I should give them a disclaimer because this is certainly not a typical or traditional way to do Thanksgiving. We have 2 of the 4 F’s – friends and football (on DVD), but not really family or food. And of course, I will be asking people what they’re thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving! What are YOU Thankful for?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home