The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Nippon Karaoke

Wednesday the plan was to meet in Shinjuku and take last train to Roppongi for night of mayhem, Nova style. We (Christian Beth and I) missed that train, and stayed in Shinjuku for the night. On the search for an Ego-speaking bar we met a group of friends also deciding what to do for the evening. Surprise, surprise, we sang karaoke!

Out of 5 people about 1 1/2 of them spoke English. Thankfully, karaoke + gin tonic > language.

We tried to find songs that all of us knew, but do you really have to understand to be entertained? I think not.

In Japan they call Y.M.C.A. "Young Man"

It was also this night that I discovered the joys of the tambourine. My life might never be the same.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home