The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I am an Aunt!!!!

Kyo, watashi-wa oba-san desu.

Today, I am an aunt. My first nephew was born February 27th at 6:30 am EST in Raleigh, North Carolina.

I got the news while I was enjoying my first visit to Gary's One Shot Bar down the street from my house. About an hour earlier I became friends with the bartender and one of the patrons - Ueno and Atsushi. Ueno had already given me a cocktail on the house earlier, but Atsushi bought me another drink, and we all toasted a round of kampaii (cheers) and omedeto (congratulations).

Wow, I'm an auntie!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home