The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Monday, August 06, 2007

In response to June 15th

June, 15 2007.

Today the exchange rate of the Japanese yen to the U.S. dollar is 118.59!!! That's the lowest it has been in a good while. After continually being frustrated at high rates such as 124 and 124.63 I decided to sign up email alerts when the exchange rate hits a certain low. I chose 119 as my ideal rate, and this morning I received an email notifying me that today JPY 118.59/USD.

This is exciting. Obviously not to 99% of the people reading this, but hey - I'm a Gaijin in Japan and this is my life. And in my life a weak dollar/strong yen is a great combination! Now, if only this occurs on payday (8/15) and again against the South Korean won when I go to Seoul (9/10). That would be fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home