The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Monday, July 02, 2007

A Collection of Things

If I were a tree climber I’d climb that tree.
Look at that easy foothold there. Look at those branches – They’re pretty thick; they look great for climbing. If I were a tree climber I’d love to climb that tree.

If I were an academic I’d have loved my classes.
Regardless of other details and distractions I would have sought refuge in learning. If I were an academic, I would have been the best student.

If I were a guy I would read Esquire magazine and wear slim-fitting vintage-inspired t-shirts. I might also do these things if my girlfriend bought them for me. If I were a guy I would email that amazing girl I met in Tokyo.

If I were organized I would have a water-tight budget.
I would never try to change the dates of a shift-swap signed and stamped. I never would have used a credit card and I would have visited 6 new countries by now. If I were organized.

If I were other people, other things, I would have said more, done more, seen more and saved more. If I were other things I would be other things; but there would always be a collection of things I am not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home