The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Chocolate + Espresso = luv

I had a really awesome moment today. It started this morning when I woke up to the sounds of children playing (screaming) and birds chirping (hardcore cawing and crowing) coming through my open window. At 6:30am. Given my work schedule, 6:30 is way too early to be awake. Most unfortunately, I couldn't go back to sleep.

Fast forward to 6pm, I'm on my dinner break at work and I really need a pick-me-up to make it to 9pm. I don't like to drink straight-up coffee, so I go to Starbucks for a mocha. (At this point ordering at Starbucks is a non-issue for me. Whether I speak in English or broken Japanese I'm always understood.) So I walk in, find the picture of the 'premium hot chocolate' on the menu and point to it - accompanied with words of course. Every time I order that I marvel at how much more expensive hot chocolate is at Starbucks compared to other places. So I'm letting my eyes wander over the menu, and it's just then that I notice Starbucks actually has plain old hot cocoa on the menu. Having finally figured out how to save money on Starbucks hot chocolate I switched my order and felt a small pang of triumph.

A minute later I'm walking down the street sipping my cocoa and feeling good when I'm like wait a minute - I wanted a MOCHA!
*
Yeah, I was tired.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home