The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Top Survival Tips for the Japanese Rainy Season

According to my Rough Guide to Tokyo, June is the rainiest month, with 305mm/12in; this is known as the rainy season. Luckily today was beautiful, but I'm bracing myself for the rain. September, the month that I arrived, is 2nd rainiest month (typhoon season) with 279mm/11in. I distinctly remember disliking the large amounts of rain, and wondering what Japanese people did about it. So I found out. The following is a list of suggestions from my students. If you have ideas please post a comment! (^_^)

1) go to the library to read books

2) go abroad (to a dry country)

3) go swimming/to the gym

4) drink beer

5) wear casual clothes to work (if you can)

6) eat ‘strong’ food (spicy food, cold noodles)

7) drink a genki drink

8) carry a fan

9) keep dry socks at your office

10) take a towel to work

11) go to the movie theater

12) wear cotton dresses/breathable fabric

13) study English at home/go to Nova

14) eat ‘natural’ food (avoid fried and spicy food)

15) plan your (post rainy season) summer vacation

16) take showers

17) buy a pretty umbrella

18) listen to music at home

19) watch DVDs at home

20) exercise at home (especially to fit into summer bikinis)

21) talk on the phone

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home