The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

More Encouragement

I am so excited! The movement to fight climate change is growing and growing. It is so encouraging to see individuals from both the public and private sectors making this issue a priority. The latest - a carpet tile executive commited to greening his company, and encouraging other businesses to do the same. Check it out: Executive on a Mission: Saving the Planet.

Also of note: Wolfowitz gone, World Bank seeks new identity: "The entire international economic architecture established after World War II... is buckling..." I'll say! This is the post-cold war world. Maybe even post post-cold war. The World Bank and International Monetary Fund are waaaaaay outdated in their policies and practices (two different things, of course). Anybody who knows what I studied in college probably already knows how I feel about this. I also think it's interesting that the U.S./Bush administration thinks it should continue to choose the president of the Bank when a) poor judgement in picking people for leadership roles is now the norm, and b) the U.S. contribution to the Bank is less than other countries.

And that brings me to Al Gore's latest book, the Assault on Reason; a book which I had actually dreamed of writing myself, and which I certainly want to read ASAP. Al Gore is much better as an activist than a politician. He has a lot to say about the Bush administration - but this stuff needs to be said, without fear of impunity.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anybody else fell like Al Gore is turning his back on the country by not running for President?

12:01 AM  
Blogger Adelle said...

I don't know... but I think you wanted this link: http://mybiggestcomplaint.com/al-gore-not-running-for-president/92/

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home