The Poetist

*arigato-san *Fuchu, Bubai(gawara) *Eigo? Gaijin. Hai! *Last train is first sleep *T-shirts with funny English *I too can create *my own language *a series of adventures *spun into words, here.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Epilogue to the Nippon 5-0

In a recent post I mentioned how in Japan crimes against Gaijin are often not taken seriously. Case in point, a recent article in the Japan Times, Reported stalking cases likely just tip of iceberg. This is actually a current issue as a British Nova teacher was recently murdered in the home of one of her private students. I've heard a few different versions of the police investigation, that
a) when the police went to question the man he somehow got away
b) when the police went to question the man they let him get away
or, the most infuriating but quite possibly true
c) the police questioned him but did not arrest him, then he escaped who knows

I can't find a link to any of the related articles, but of course who knows if the article would be protecting the police or telling the actual story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sojourner's Moto Tales said...

My heavens! That's a horrible story! I hope when you travel alone at night you have something to protect yourself. I never leave home without "it."

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home